Project ECHO, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all contributions are tax-deductible.
Each $25 donation provides a night of food and shelter for a man, woman, or child experiencing homelessness in our community. On behalf of these men, women, and families, we thank you for your generosity!
What Does a Homeless Shelter Need?
Money is unfortunately, always at the top of our needs list. Every single dollar is put to good use here so whether you can give $1.00, $100.00, $1,000.00 or $10,000.00, everything is appreciated. If you would like to make a tax-deductible monetary donation we have several ways for you to do so:
- You can deliver a check or cash direct to our door and get a glimpse of all the great things happening at ECHO House. If the timing is right and you wish to do so, we can even give you a tour of our house. We are located at 484 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
- You can give with a credit or debit card using the Donate button at the top of this page. You can also call to have a donation processed over the phone.
- You can use mobile apps such as Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, and even Facebook Messenger to quickly and securely donate as much or as little as you’d like.
- You can write a check and mail it to: Project ECHO P.O. Box 2764, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
- You can shop at our new Thrift & Gift Shop where all items are donated, the store is run entirely by volunteers, and all proceeds directly benefit the shelter.
Our most needed items are always paper products and cleaning products: specifically toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, laundry soap and all-purpose cleaners. We have a Wish List that contains items we need on any given day of the year. The items can be delivered to the ECHO House at anytime but we prefer normal business hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. If you would like a look around when you come, just call ahead to make sure we’re available and we will be more than happy to give you a tour of our house. Everything you donate to Project ECHO is tax deductible so make sure to get a donation form when you make your deliveries.
They say time is money so if we don’t have to pay someone to do something, we save money. Click here: Volunteer to discover how you can make a difference by volunteering your time or services.
The local faith community, civic ministries and even individual families provide our daily meals on a rotating schedule. These groups do an amazing job at making sure we have dinners and lunches for our residents. There’s always room for another designated meal provider so please call us to find out how you can get onto our calendar or how to plan for the occasional meal without the monthly commitment. If you are providing a dinner please prepare food for 40; if you’re providing lunch please prepare food for 20 people.
From produce to pantry items, canned goods to condiments, food is something we always need. If you’re having a social function and you’re not sure what to do with the leftovers just give us a call 410-535-0044. Chances are we will be more than happy to take them off your hands.
If you shop online at Amazon you can now shop through Amazon Smile and select Project ECHO as your charity of choice. When you do this Amazon donates 0.05% of your purchase price to Project ECHO. At 0.05%, this program couldn’t possibly take the place of traditional donations but every little bit helps and when we’re shopping on Amazon anyway, utilizing the Smile program just makes sense.
Project Echo Thrift & Gift Shop Donations
All clothing and household items that you wish to donate to Project ECHO can now be delivered directly to our thrift shop instead of the shelter. Our Shop is set up with the appropriate space to sort and organize all of your gently used clothing, household items and small furniture. We’re located just down the street from the shelter and our volunteers are on-site every Wednesday – Saturday. Donation hours are 10am – 2pm however they are subject to change based upon space and availability. If you want to verify acceptable hours, if you have large items or a large quantity of items please call ahead to ensure that we’re able to accept your delivery 443-975-7376. Additional information can be found here.
Rest assured that your donations to the thrift shop still benefit the homeless residents of our shelter. Our residents are able to shop at the store for free and all proceeds from the store directly benefit the shelter.
During the busy months of November – January, the following items are the only donations that can be accepted at ECHO House:
1. Items that are new with tags, in sealed packages or home-made goods that can be gifted to our residents during the holidays.
2. Edibles – we gladly accept holiday party leftovers and pantry items that have not reached their expiration date.
3. Monetary donations such as gift cards, Paypal donations, checks, etc.
4. ECHO House Wish list items such as trash bags, cleaning products, and paper products.
We hope this doesn’t cause any inconvenience to our supporters and donors. We have limited space while we prepare for the holidays and collect new gifts items for our homeless individuals and families. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The residents and staff of Project ECHO thank you for your generosity and kindness.
Project ECHO, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization so all contributions are tax deductible. Tax id: 52-1768168