Project ECHO, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. If you’d like to make a tax-deductible contribution to Calvert County’s only year-round emergency homeless shelter please follow the PayPal link below. A $25 donation provides one night of food and shelter for a man, woman or child experiencing homelessness in our community.
Project Echo Thrift & Gift Shop Donations
All clothing and household items that you wish to donate to Project ECHO can now be delivered directly to our thrift shop instead of the shelter. Our Shop is set up with the appropriate space to sort and organize all of your gently used clothing, household items and small furniture. We’re located just down the street from the shelter and our volunteers are on-site every Thursday – Saturday. Donation hours are subject to change based upon space and availability. If you want to verify acceptable hours, if you have large items or a large quantity of items please call ahead to ensure that we’re able to accept your delivery 443-975-7376. Additional information can be found here.
Rest assured that your donations to the thrift shop still benefit the homeless residents of our shelter. Our residents are able to shop at the store for free and all proceeds from the store directly benefit the shelter.
What Does a Homeless Shelter Need?
Money is unfortunately, always at the top of our needs list. Every single dollar is put to good use here so whether you can give $1.00, $100.00, $1,000.00 or $10,000.00, everything is appreciated. If you would like to make a tax-deductible monetary donation we have several ways for you to do so:
- You can deliver a check or cash direct to our door and get a glimpse of all the great things happening at ECHO House. If the timing is right and you wish to do so, we can even give you a tour of our house. We are located at 484 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
- You can donate with a credit or debit card using the Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page or you can even call to have a donation processed over the phone.
- You can write a check and mail it to: Project ECHO P.O. Box 2764, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
- You can shop at our new Thrift & Gift Shop where all items are donated and the store is run entirely by volunteers.
Our most needed items are always paper products and cleaning products: specifically toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, laundry soap and all-purpose cleaners. We have a complete list of items that we need on any given day of the year. The list can be found here: 2017 Wish List The items can be delivered to the ECHO House at anytime but we prefer normal business hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. If you would like a look around when you come, just call ahead to make sure we’re available and we will be more than happy to give you a tour of our house. Everything you donate to Project ECHO is tax deductible so make sure to get a tax donation form when you make your deliveries.
They say time is money so if we don’t have to pay someone to do something, we save money. Click here: Volunteer to discover how you can make a difference by volunteering your time or services.
The local faith community, civic ministries and even individual families provide our daily meals on a rotating schedule. These groups do an amazing job at making sure we have dinners and lunches for our residents. There’s always room for another designated meal provider so please call us to find out how you can get onto our calendar or how to plan for the occasional meal without the monthly commitment. If you are providing a dinner please prepare food for 40; if you’re providing lunch please prepare food for 20 people.
From produce to pantry items, canned goods to condiments, food is something we always need. If you’re having a social function and you’re not sure what to do with the leftovers just give us a call. Chances are we will be more than happy to take them off your hands.
If you shop online at Amazon you can now shop through Amazon Smile and select Project ECHO as your charity of choice. When you do this Amazon donates 0.05% of your purchase price to Project ECHO. This program isn’t meant to take the place of traditional donations, it’s only 0.05%, but every little bit helps and we figure if we’re shopping on Amazon anyway then there’s no reason not to utilize the Smile program.
During the busy months of November – January, the following items are the only donations that can be accepted at ECHO House:
1. Items that are new with tags, in sealed packages or home-made goods that can be gifted to our residents during the holidays.
2. Edibles – we gladly accept holiday party leftovers and pantry items that have not reached their expiration date.
3. Monetary donations such as gift cards, Paypal donations, checks, etc.
4. ECHO House 2017 Wish list items such as paper products, cleaning products and personal health & hygiene products.
We hope this doesn’t cause any inconvenience to our supporters and donors. We have limited space in the shelter while we’re preparing for the holidays and collecting new gifts items for the families in residence. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The residents and staff of Project ECHO thank you for your generosity and kindness
Project ECHO, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization so all contributions are tax deductible. Tax id: 52-1768168